Gold & Silver Refining Services
WHat is refining?
GOLD & SILVER CONVERTed BACK TO PURE METALS
Gold Bullion Australia offers a service for both the assay (content quality), and/or refining requirements for a range of precious metals types including old, broken or unwanted jewellery of large or small quantities, dental prostheses and natural gold in either nugget or alluvial flake or dust form. These refining processes of course carry a cost and it may not always be a viable option to refine your precious metal.
The quantity of metal required to provide a viable result will vary according to the likely purity of the material presented - for instance, you would need double the amount of 9ct jewellery to yield the same amount of pure gold than you would 18ct. The content of the 18ct item has double the percentage amount of pure gold, so the effort required and therefore the processing fees will end up being a smaller percentage of the yield.
Gold Bullion Australia will explain the fees required to process your gold and can help you decide whether the amount that you wish to process is likely to be worthwhile. If you decide that it isn't, you can then choose to either wait until you can amass more material, or you can choose to sell your items as they are.
How do i get my metal refined?
Your refining product must be received at our public trading office by:
- Personally bringing it to our public trading office in QLD.
- Couriering the product to our public trading office in QLD.
- On receipt of your refining, the product will be weighed, and you'll be provided with a receipt. Your refining job will be sent to the refiners, and depending on how busy the refinery is, a result should be expected within 5 – 10 business days.
what is the Refining process?
The refiners will conduct one of the following refining processes to determine the precious metal content of your metal:
- Fire and chemical assay.
- Inductively coupled plasma spectrometry analysis.
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometry analysis.
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy.
and on the completion of my refining job?
- Sell your refined metal back to us.
- Store your metal as desired.
- Or convert your gold granules to bullion
For more information or inquiries about getting cash for gold, please get in touch with us today.